Saturday 14 April 2018

Why write a game on a Phone?

If you are reading this I suppose the first question you might be asking is 'why would anyone want to write a game on a phone?'. Well to be honest I'm not totally sure: the notion hit me, I wanted to see if it could be done and things just went from there.

What I can say is that writing a game on a phone has got certain advantages. Firstly if like me you lead a busy life, have a demanding day job and want to develop your an app in your spare time, then time is a scarce commodity. Coding on a phone allows to daisy-chain a few minutes here to a few minutes there, and this can rally add up.  Secondly coding on a phone means you are continually testing on a phone which means (hopefully) your game ends up well-tailored to your target devices.

This blog tells the story of MapMan, a fun little game I wrote on my iPhone 6, which is now available for download. If you want to know more about MapMan then visit the MapMan website or follow on twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adding some Real Artwork

So the story so far is that I decided to code an iPhone game on my iPhone , after working out that this was technically feasible and coming...